10/12/08

October 11th







This is Austin's Birthday!!!! Matt and I decided to give a party to Austin since he turned five years. We asked our good friends Matt and Melissa Long to get their brother in law bounce house. He was wonderful in letting us rent it for free. The kids absolutely loved using it. If any one is even considering using one for a party- completely awesome idea. We had 12 kids there playing and of course I attempted to play some other games. I put on a scavenger hunt. The kids went all over the house to about 7-8 places to find the pictures. The search ended in the backyard. I made them skip, run, clap their hands, and other guffy things to make them look funny. Thanks to Ashley Kasperson for helping me with the pictures and printing them out. The other idea I had was a water balloon relay. Of course that didn't work very well. So after running around the bounce house four to five times we threw them down and got a little wet. So the rest of the time was spent in the bounce house.
During the party our dryer acted up and stopped working. Thank goodness I had Chuck and my dad coming down to see Austin as well. After taking out the dryer from our laundry room Matt took it apart. I was amazed how good Matt was to take things apart. I am not that confident to do such a thing. A cord ended up getting down in the lint trap and screwed up the wheel. It took Matt six hours to get everything back in working order. After the party Matt's parents and sister came over to celebrate and eat lunch with us. Austin is really into Diego and so they bought many Diego things. Austin seemed like he was on cloud nine. He also got a cool bike. That was fun to see them. We enjoyed everyone's company. A little later my parents came over to help pick up and have fun. They gave him a lego batman for the Wii. We thank everyone for coming and hoped everyone had fun.

0 comments: